Most frequent questions and answers
We are located at 55 timber bush, edinburgh eh6 6pr; please click here for directions.
We are open between 11:00 and 18:00, Wednesday to Sunday.
Our artists charge £80/hr.
Each tattoo will have its own specifications, and many variables can affect your project’s final estimate, such as design detail, location on the body, pain threshold, etc. Please keep in mind that more specialised tattoos, such as large-scale tattoos, tattoo cover-ups, and working with scar tissue, may require further sessions; speak to your artist for more information.
We accept cash, credit card, and debit card.
To book an appointment you can email our artists directly, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, or go to our contact page and fill out the form; we’ll get back to you and direct you to your preferred artist. We will do our best to reply to your requests as soon as possible, so please be patient.
We also take walk in consultations while we are at the studio.
Check out our artist’s profiles on our website (link).
If you know what you’re looking for, fill out our booking form and let us know your ideas—we will then direct you to the artist we believe would be the best fit for you. If you need help coming up with a design, or don’t know where to start, fill out our booking form and tell us—we will help you find your way with the right questions and friendly advice.
Our shop requires a £100 deposit for all appointments. Deposits are non-refundable.
Once a deposit is received, a date will be agreed upon between the artist and the client. This date may be rescheduled once, if at least 48 hours’ notice is given.
When sending a deposit by bank transfer, please make sure to use your first and last name as the reference.
We do! We deal with every cover-up (tattoo or scar) request on a case-by-case basis, and at the artist’s discretion. For tattoo cover-ups, depending on the final goal you wish to achieve, a different artist or laser treatment may be suggested for the best finished result.
Scar cover ups can be a life-changing experience; having the right artist for your transformation is essential. Your artist will need to see the scar in person and will ask you a few questions regarding the scars to ensure they are safe to be transformed. It is always recommended that you speak to your dermatologist/surgeon before any procedure.
Your artist will be looking to see:
* How old the scar/scars are
* If there are any pigmentation changes
* If the scar has hypertrophic/atrophic nature (raised/indented scarring)
We deal with every request on an individual basis. Each artist works at their own discretion in terms of what they are/aren’t comfortable doing. Please read below for some general rules and understanding on finger, hand, face, neck, and foot tattoos.
* Your tattoo is likely to fade / have areas fall out very quickly or entirely. This is due to the skin in these areas having a different texture, and increased blood flow from other areas of the body
* Finger, face, and foot areas can be difficult to heal and sometimes your lifestyle needs to be adjusted during the healing time, meaning putting your hands in your pockets, washing the dishes, or wearing certain footwear need to be carefully considered to help your tattoos heal their best
* The tattoo will need frequent and constant touch-ups
* Our artists do not provide complimentary touch ups.
There are a few things you can do ahead of time that will help your tattoo experience be its best!
* Be well rested: one of the best tools for a session is a good sleep the night before
* Be well hydrated, and eat a substantial meal before your session
* Don’t drink alcohol the night before
* Practice good hygiene; we are all in each other’s space for lengthy periods of time
* Dress appropriately. We advise wearing clean, loose-fitting, dark clothing
* Keep in mind that your artist will need to be able to easily access the area being tattooed. For areas like the ribcage, sternum, or upper hip, you might consider wearing a buttoned-down shirt backwards, or a flowing skirt
* Exfoliating (this includes fake tan) and moisturising the area a few days prior to your session would make your artist very happy as it allows ink to be deposited into your skin much easier
* Avoid shaving the area 48-hours before the tattoo session
* We cannot tattoo skin that has been sun burnt, scratched or irritated in any other way.
We are always happy to take walk-in consultation and answer all of your questions, however, we tattoo by appointment-only to ensure we can provide the best outcome possible.
Appointments may be re-scheduled once without loss of deposit, so long as at least 48-hours’ notice has been given. Clients who wish to cancel appointments may do so, keeping in mind that all deposits are non-refundable.
Each artist has the right to allow or deny friends, partners, parents etc., into the tattoo space; they are welcome, however, to hang out in the waiting area for their companion.
You MUST be 18 years old or older; our shop policy does not consider parental consent. Please be prepared to show ID on the date of your appointment.